We’re different, we’re not your ordinary bunch of programmers and we’re not looking for a standard run-of-the-mill programmer.
We’re looking for a developer with a difference, a developer with a keen eye for design and product development. You’ll be working as part of a flexible, agile team of like-minded people to produce high-quality, robust websites. As a minimum, we’d hope you:
- have at least 3 years’ experience in back-end development, preferably with Drupal
- are fluent in PHP and have proven knowledge using MySQL, SSH and Linux
- have previous experience of publishing small- to large-scale websites using PHP Frameworks
- have confidence to configure and manipulate CMS systems to fulfil project requirements
- are familiar with Drupal (8 preferred) and Drupal development technologies such as Drush and Features
- have experience using modern workflow environments such as Git
We wont lie to you, you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment over a wide range of projects so we’ll keep you on your toes. You’ll be able to guide and learn from team members around you through the implementation of Drupal core, module and theme development.
We know you might not be able to bring everything we need but it’ll be nice if you:
- have knowledge of using front-end development HTML5, CSS and JS
- are mindful of project optimisation and perform quality assurance testing as standard
- can architect small- to large-scale projects
- have dabbled with custom module development - have you contributed any to Drupal?
- Perform tasks outside of Drupal such as performance optimisation, server-side aids and content migration
- Previous experience using React.js, WordPress, Node.js or Vue.js
So, what can we give you in return?
You’ll be part of a 24-strong, dedicated, ambitious creative team. We’re looking for someone who can fit in culturally while helping to take our digital offering to the next level.
Everyone benefits from Bupa health insurance and free gym membership - we even have weekly pilates classes you can take advantage of. We have regular team socials, we go away to a mystery location at Christmas, you can take five duvet mornings a year and you can park a car for free. We also have a couple of lovely dogs who take residence in the office, pool table and a full kitchen for you to make use of.
It’s a pretty amazing place if we do say so ourselves and this is an excellent career opportunity - but you expected us to say that. If this sounds like your next career move, email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a chat.
No agencies please.