New Frontiers in Facebook Live
Here at Fluid, we’re always looking to develop our digital specialisms with the latest innovations in social media marketing. When it was announced that star of The Great British Bake Off, Howard Middleton was hosting an event with our client Inspired Villages — we knew it would be perfect for Facebook Live.
Using the latest broadcast software to create a professional stream with relevant branding and lower thirds graphics, the livestream was a huge success and one we believe is industry leading in the care and retirement sector. Not only that but the stream itself benefitted from the higher ranking that Facebook gives Live in the News Feed algorithm and generated a much higher organic reach than other posts to the page.
The results of the broadcast gave a...
- 100% increase in organic video views
- 50% increase in post organic reach
- Sector leading for the care industry
You can watch the full experience here:
Top Tips for Facebook Live
- Test your internet connection!
- Live-streaming requires a good WiFi connection, where possible we would recommend using an ethernet connection or at least a WiFi connection with a speed of 50mb/s
- Plan your audio
- Audio can be difficult to get right but there are plenty of microphones on the market that are compatible with mobiles and tablets, we’d recommend a good directional mic or a lapel mic to avoid picking up rogue noise.
- Schedule your live
- Using business manager on Facebook, you can schedule a Facebook Live which will notify your audience and allow them to plan accordingly so that they can tune in.
- Encourage engagement early on
- A tweak to the News Feed Algorithm now priories Live videos that have high engagement early on during the broadcast therefore the more views, comments, likes and shares that you gain during the first few minutes, the more Facebook will organically promote your livestream.
Whether it’s broadcasting a bake off, launching a product or creating something truly unique to help your brand stand out in the busy landscape of social media — to find out how we could help you deliver a Facebook Live campaign, call us on 01332 201743 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more or to try us for size, say email@example.com